If you would like to receive my Pilgrim Pilot newsletter, about my journey towards being a missionary pilot, simply enter you email address and click join. I cant wait to share with you in what God is doing.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My First Solo



Hot Dog!!! Thats what i remember saying after I cranked up the engine, taxied to the runway, kicked up the throttle, and took off. Then I remember thinking oh man...I gotta bring this thing down now. Then a couple more screams, excited yells, and an excitied song praising God - after all no one was else in the plane with me : ) So many nerves in the weeks before lead up to pure excitement the day before. I would not be here without the love of so many people from all over, I cant begin to express my thanks! I know its just one step in this process and Im just begining, but its all too exciting. Click below to see way too many pictures of the incredibly beautiful sunrise and me flying solo for the first time.

7 comments:

Kay said...

Oh the beauty of it all and a day that will never be forgotten in your journey!

Love you

Mamma

Anonymous said...

WOW FANTASTIC BEAUTIFUL
We are so proud of you!! From the pictures everything looked perfect.Good job!

Love you

MeMaw & Pawpaw

Sarah&Jason said...

Very very very cool, Kyle!

Carly said...

Yay!!

So it's just now getting good leaf catching conditions, and on the way to class I got one :) I caught it with my face though, and I wasn't sure if that should count for more or less points.

tin can photography said...

how awesome-such an amazing experience! sing away mister!

Anonymous said...

Wow. just wow. daddy

Unknown said...

Hola Kyle!
1st time observer here from my OWN computer at HOME. I know, I know, slow to the punch. Just ask your sister. (good thing she loves me)
I LOVED reading your newsletter. Erin usually keeps me up to date on the goings on, but it is very festive to read and look for myself.
Also, I truly enjoyed the sustained grace attachment. I read it twice, was pondering your situation, and thinking: how very appropriate. Not until I read "Our experience and the Bible teach us that grace does not prevent pain, but orders and arranges and measures out our pain, and then in the darkness is there to sustain." after the passage did the article touch my heart too.
Keep up the good work. I'd say you're REALLY good when you can touch people's hearts from that far away. You are wonderful. I hope to see you on "summer break."
Michelle