If you would like to receive my Pilgrim Pilot newsletter, about my journey towards being a missionary pilot, simply enter you email address and click join. I cant wait to share with you in what God is doing.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dang I Wish I had a Picture

I was wondering what to read from the bible two days ago so I asked God, What do you want me to read. I hear Job 37 in my head and think uh oh was that just me saying that, I dont know if there is even 37 chapters in Job. So I turn there and read this: ( actually starting in chapter 36)

26 “Look, God is greater than we can understand. His years cannot be counted. 27 He draws up the water vapor and then distills it into rain. 28 The rain pours down from the clouds, and everyone benefits. 29 Who can understand the spreading of the clouds and the thunder that rolls forth from heaven? 30 See how he spreads the lightning around him and how it lights up the depths of the sea. 31 By these mighty acts he nourishes the people, giving them food in abundance. 32 He fills his hands with lightning bolts and hurls each at its target. 33 The thunder announces his presence; the storm announces his indignant anger.
It continues on in chapter 37 and says, 13 He makes these things happen either to punish people or to show his unfailing love.

I thought man that is awesome I sure would love to see a good lightning storm up here in the Prairies. Last year we saw the very end of one at the beggining of the year and then nothing. So then last night rolls around and this is were I wish I had a picture but hopefully I can paint it for you. The volleyball game stops suddenly when we hear thunder and a blur of lightning. We stop not swo we wont get struck but so we can go watch the action. So its down to the train tracks we go to watch and hope and on the way there we can see the most beautiful sunset. On top of the layer of colors sat a layer of dark. The thunder continued to rumble in the distance as our eyes stay peeled looking for bolts of lightning. YEAHH I yelled out when I saw the first one split the sky, and then another and another. Pretty soon we had a good seat on top of a pile of railroad ties with an incredible panoramic view of a lightning-set, sunsetting over the prairies with lightning bolting in almost 360 degrees. Man, God is huge, and what an awesome gift He gave us that night. Id say definately one of the top 10 sights ive ever seen

1 comment:

smitty89 said...

well you painted a pretty dang good picture!!!!!

never forget the sunset i watched from those train tracks last year when we took vanessa out to school...we were also fortunate to witness a magnificent display of lightning while driving through the prairies and there is nothing like it...i can just imagine how spectacular the two together would have been

thanks for adding the verses from job and sharing God's amazing presence...what an awesome God we have!!!!!! mrs. bell