If you would like to receive my Pilgrim Pilot newsletter, about my journey towards being a missionary pilot, simply enter you email address and click join. I cant wait to share with you in what God is doing.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 Weeks at Prairie then back to Montana

Well it was easier to pack this time but I found out its still hard as heck to leave! It was however good to be back and see all my friends again. Sadly there was less snow there than when we left to come home for Christmas but I knew that in a couple of weeks Id be in Montana covered up in snow. We covered a full semesters class in less than two weeks with 4 – hour and 20 minute classes a day, it was a killer. The class was called Biblical Theology of Mission and it was amazing. You know it’s a good class when it takes the whole first class just to explain what the title of the course means. Basically it was this, Gods mission is to Glorify Himself, and we are created as was everything else to glorify Him. We talked about the prologue of the story then dived into Genesis all the way to revelation seeing Gods mission revealed and learning about various characteristics of God and we should make application of those. It was in this class that I realized that many of the immeasurable goals that I had set for myself were coming true and that was really exciting. There was several sunny days even though it was it was nice to play outside and see some good sunsets. There wasn’t much time for anything except for class but we are all looking forward to going to Montana back to camp bighorn and the discover group is looking forward to going to Guatemala. Pack my bags again and say goodbye for 3 months and head towards camp.
Man is it good to be back at camp now. The staff here is amazing and the food delictable...as was the first semester. They have been giving us all the things that I missed the most like enchilladas, baked oatmeal, hot wings, resses pieces cookies, and hot chocolate with mint tea in it

This semester we have even more gear and the same 6 guys living in a cramped up space so we traded two of our dressers for two more bunk beds bringing the total to 6 beds. Our room looks like a submarine set up but its pretty sweet. Now everyone has their own bed and there is some organization going on.

All these pics are from a couple of days ago here at camp it just poured snow all night and we woke up to this. I guess thats what they mean when they say that down at camp they dont get much snow down in the valley. I cant wait to see the waist deep- up to 6 feet of snow up on the hill. Me and Scott decided it would be a good time to hike up to the cross behind camp. It was absolutely beautiful. At one point we both ended up on our butts at exactly the same time...part of the trail was covered in ice hidden by a bunch of fresh snow. On the way down we found a good tree to do some pull ups on. If the 6x6 military trucks get working then we are planning to start skills tomorrow(Thursday). Our green team gets to do Mountaineering first and I cant wait.

5 comments:

VanessaMarie said...

I can't believe how much snow is there!!! Its weird to think about you having fun in the snow, when I am down here in Guatemala getting heat stroke! haha. Looks like you are having an awesome time! Cant wait to hear about all the adventures you are going to have in the next 3 months!

Anonymous said...

resses pieces cookies? mmmm delicious

(I wonder if scarlett heard and is on her way downtown now)

Anonymous said...

resses pieces cookies? mmmm delicious

(I wonder if scarlett heard and is on her way downtown now)

Anonymous said...

Hey fella, hope you're having fun out in the snow house! Can't wait to hear about that. Reading your last couple of blog posts bring a couple of things to mind. 1. You've still got that 'target' brain where you try and match crazy ideas with real world - and it works in your mind. very cool. Also, makes my heart just jump to know that you take these raw abstract thoughts, put them through the filter of your mind and release them for us to see the combination of the two.

They make lots of sense to me (which may not be a good thing as I can often confuse folks with my analogies), but you've added that special twist that I'm sure will make it very real and visible to everybody who reads it.

Thanks for taking the time to share. It's such a distinct pleasure to share so many years with you.

luve ya fella - know you stay in my prayers.
Daddy
PS - a snow angel picture would be nice.

Anonymous said...

soo I finaly downloaded skype...now I just have to remember my skype name and password