If you would like to receive my Pilgrim Pilot newsletter, about my journey towards being a missionary pilot, simply enter you email address and click join. I cant wait to share with you in what God is doing.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Backpacking






I just got back from the 5 day backpacking trip that took us all around the Montana-Idaho state line and it was incredible. My body is beat up and I loved it. Thats my team on the top - the green team! Below that is my and my friend Jules trying to take a self potrait and not fall of the ridge. We encountered a little bit of everything: a 11 hour hiking day made up of all bushwaking down ridges up a creek bed, and up a mountain ascending nearly 3000 feet, relaxing days by a lake with fishing and catapulting chipmunks, and also classes most every night. We got to choose our own path with our final destination already established where one of our teachers was camping that night. When we got there by map and compass we had class. The mountains ridges were endless and there were more crystal clear lakes than you could count on two hands. I have never seen glory revealed to me like this and been so fortune enough to emerse myself in it. It was a hard week at school both physically and mentally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated we all miss you!

Abby said...

so beautiful kyle! pete and I went to montana for our honeymoon...and seeing these pictures makes me want to go back...and live there. love you, proud of you.