If you would like to receive my Pilgrim Pilot newsletter, about my journey towards being a missionary pilot, simply enter you email address and click join. I cant wait to share with you in what God is doing.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Challenge Course Class


This Was the static course at Camp Bighorn. It consisted of 6 events that were 30 feet in the air on the side of a mountain. The way to get down was a 330 feet zip line with a wicked free fall drop at the beggining which you will be able to view below. Please enjoy


We went through 3 days doing differnet ropes course events and"initiatives" that meant anythig from walking through mouse traps to navigating a broken body trail with people who couldnt see or use their arms or legs, etc. It was pretty awesome and the leaders made the debreifings after the event very good. After this we were done with skills rotation and I had to pick a specialization. Oh man, tough decison. I really wanted to do kayaking just to learn the skill more and also it was sooo fun. I finally decided to go with challenge course and so i got to say challenge is my specialty. I realized that this would be good to learn for any type of ministry. I would be able to talk to people and lead events, and discussions that go beyond sunday school answers no matter if we are on a river somewhere, in the backcountry, or downtown. We got to check out some other coruses as well as lead a group of middle school and high schoolers at the camp through seveal differnet events that we designed. Later at lunch I learned that one of my kids was the pastors soon at the church that I go to in Montana and love the pastor and his sermons. Also I think next semester he is gonna give me banjo lessons! Anyways it was a good week and I learned a ton.


There was only three people that choose to do challenge course and one of them was my buddy Jason so we had alot of fun no matter what we did. The last couple days were spent designing and building a new ropes course at the camp. The coolest event was a rolling log obstacle. Picture a ladder laid down on its side and the rungs are logs that spin as you step on them, it was totally awesome and no one has every made anything like it. This is one of the 6x6 trucks that camp owns and we used to get people down from the zip line when we ran the event for other students.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can say is WOW! It so good since I'm doing some traveling that I can see what's up. It's so cool that God is taking the package He gave you and we maybe influenced and puttin it on steriods. How cool is that. Your writing is so incredible, even Carly hopefully is reading it. Mommie is thrilled she has been able to talk with you a bit and hearing of ALL the wonderful things in different aspects of your actiivities and relationships. People at work are happy to see what's happenin with you as well. It continues to be amazingly similar of the verses you are providing are some of my favorites - particularly during college while you're scoping out how things are fitting together to form the rest of your life. Granted, it's not like being with you, but it is fun living vicariously. I'm so glad that was YOU on the zip line. It was so fun to see YOU on those lines from a safe place on the ground. I'm sure Mommie is ready for you to get me more adenturous - and speaking of adventures hope to have one or two wit you while you're home - maybe a wild shopping trip. Love you lots and pray for you and your sisters daily. How wonderful for such a normal basic guy to have three younger Chupps who are so exciting and a wife that's even more tremendous today than 28 years ago when we married. It is proof of God's grace for one. Have a super time the last part of the first semester. We realize that the excitement in your posts are tempered with the consistent changing and adapting that you are having to make, but you seem to be handling that quite in stride.

May you continue to drive toward your dreams - Daddy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle,
This note really doesn't have anything to do with these pictures although they are great as are you. Erin sent me some great pictures of Vanessa--WOW. She is beautiful.You two must make a handsome couple,because uou are very handsome and she is very pretty.
Love MeMaw

Sarah&Jason said...

love the pictures and the VIDEO kyle! thanks for the updates, can't wait to see you at Christmas! LOVE YOU!